General Updates | Helpful Resources | Webinars | Events | Professional Development Opportunities | Funding Opportunities | Job Opportunities to Share | Faculty Publications | United Way | SON Weekly Digest
Please note: The content that appears in red has been recently submitted within the past week. Please also see “external webinars” under the Webinar section, as some webinars have cross-over to professional development.
Have something to share? Please email Amy Thompson.
Summer SHARP Live-Stream Training
Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health offers Skills for Health and Research Professionals (SHARP) via short, intensive live-stream, virtual bootcamps led by field experts. Registration is still open for the remaining hands-on summer boot camps.
Learn immediate take-away skills directly from the experts over 2-3 days this summer through live-stream, virtual trainings:
- Causal Mediation Analysis Training: Methods and Applications Using Health Data
August 17-19, 2022
- Environmental Justice Boot Camp: Theory and Methods to Study Environmental Health Disparities
August 15-16, 2022
- Environmental Mixtures Workshop: Applications in Environmental Health Studies
July 28-29, 2022
- The Exposome Boot Camp: Measuring Exposures on an Omic Scale
July 21-22, 2022
- Mendelian Randomization Boot Camp: A Practical Guide to Study Design and Implementation
August 11-12, 2022
- Microbiome Data Analytics Boot Camp: Planning, Generating, and Analyzing 16S rRNA Gene Sequencing Surveys
August 4-5, 2022
- NIH Grant Writing Boot Camp: Building a Strong Foundation for Funding Success
July 11-12, 2022
- Python Data Wrangling Boot Camp: Introduction to Data Wrangling, Cleaning and Manipulation with the Python Programming Language
July 18-19, 2022
- Single Cell Analysis Boot Camp: Systems Biology Methods for Analysis of Single Cell RNA-Seq
July 25-26, 2022
- SQL Boot Camp: Building and Querying Databases
July 13-15, 2022
You can find out more about each training and register at publichealth.columbia.edu/SHARP-Training.
Apply to the 2022 NLN Scholarly Writing Retreat
Have you recently completed a research study or innovative project but have not had the time to craft an article for publication? Apply for the 2022 NLN Scholarly Writing Retreat. Get the guidance you need to help enhance your writing skills and disseminate research findings and other work in scholarly publications.
NLN offers a fall Scholarly Writing Retreat program:
- The fall program is virtual and will occur 10 AM – 1 PM on October 15, October 29 and November 19. The participation deadline is September 30, 2022
This resource was developed for nursing professionals at all levels, including those aspiring to leadership roles.
This on-demand modules series offers guidance and practical strategies on how to navigate real-world challenges and amplify your effectiveness. Content is designed to stimulate fresh thinking and provide solutions to some of your most pressing challenges. Modules will enrich your understanding of key principles and practices needed for leaders to succeed in the academic arena. Those that complete all 4 modules are eligible to receive 11.5 continuing education credits.