Please note: The content that appears in red has been recently submitted within the past week.
Interested to learn more about an item below? Please contact the content submitter or Lisa Cunningham directly for questions and comments.
Have something to share? Please email Lisa Cunningham.
Call for Abstracts/Proposals
Seeking Speakers and Abstracts for 2021 TransPride Pittsburgh Health & Wellness Conference
Call for Abstracts: UPMC Children’s Hospital’s Ped Nursing Symposium
UPMC Children’s Hospital is proud to announce the call for abstracts for the 2021 Pediatric Nursing Symposium; Pediatric Nursing: Navigating the New Normal. Virtual Symposium will be held on November 5, 2021.
Symposium objectives are:
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on pediatric care and changes to nursing practice.
- Explore innovative nursing care and workflow strategies post-pandemic.
- Describe supportive care for patients, families, and staff.
Abstracts must include:
- One learning objective
- Concise summary of content, project, or problem
- Outcomes as applicable
- Implications for pediatric nursing practice
The deadline to submit is Dec. 1.
The Carol Carfang Nursing & Healthcare Ethics Conference offers a unique opportunity to discuss your work with distinguished ethicists, educators, philosophers and healthcare professionals interested in contemporary ethical issues in healthcare.
We invite submission of abstracts for a 15-20 minute presentation and for posters that address any contemporary ethical issue in healthcare.
Potential topics, both general and specific:
- Harm Reduction as a framework and approach to health intervention
- Vaccine Hesitancy, Access and Distribution
- Moral Distress
- Distributive Justice
- Race and Gender Equity
Training and Work Groups
Registration is now open for 18 hands-on summer boot camps designed for health and research professionals from any organization and all career stages! Learn immediate takeaway skills directly from the experts over two-three days this summer through livestream, virtual trainings. Scholarships and early-bird rates are available. Capacity is limited.
Submitted by Melissa Kalarchian
This course is designed for registered nurses, other health care professionals, and laypersons who are interested in promotinghealth, wellness, and spirituality in their faith communities, beginning or growing a visitation ministry, and/or coordinating volunteers.
- Dates: It will be held October 1, 2, 16, 22, & 23, 2021, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (mix of virtual learning via Zoom and online learning modules)
- Cost: The cost for registered nurses is $350 per person. The cost for laypersons and others is $250 per person.
- Contact hours: 39.25 after completing course requirements*
- Register by September 4 and receive a $50 discount.
- Final deadline to register is September 17.
* The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. UPMC and ANCC do not endorse any commercial products as a result of this CE activity.
** This Foundations of Faith Community Nursing course is based on the curriculum developed through the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing, a ministry of the Spiritual Care Association. The curriculum is owned by Church Health Center of Memphis, Inc., 1350 Concourse Ave., Suite 142, Memphis, TN 38104.